Thursday, February 26, 2009

To Singapore

On Feb. 27, I will be flying to Singapore - Chicago to Hong Kong to Singapore, all on
United Airlines. There are fifty Franciscan Friars in the Singapore Custody. They invited me to preach their annual retreat. Since this is the 800th anniversary of the
founding of the Franciscan Order of Friars - OFM: Ordo Fratrum Minorum (Order of Lesser Brothers), I suggested the retreat be focused on our Rule of Life written by St. Francis in 1223. Preparation for this retreat has been a blessing for me. I have read more on the Rule during the last six months than I have ever done. The old saying: If you want to learn something, teach it.

Have any of you been to Singapore? Have suggestions for me - what to see, what to do nor not to do...? Do you have any friends or relatives there?

Besides living with the Friars and learning their customs and culture(s), I hope to make contact with the SFO's, the Secular Franciscan Order - laity who live according to the Spirit of St Francis and the Gospel. I will return on March 18.
Blessings to you from Singapore!

Fr. Chuck Faso, OFM

1 comment:

Bike said...

Fr.,
I just now read that you left for Singapore today...sorry I missed you before you left.
Yes, I have been there and it is a great place to visit and live. I visited one long w/e while I worked in Hong Kong for 2 months.
I recall having a nice meal on the beach restaurant... the place is so clean.
You will have a good time.
I wanted to pass alnog a copy of my Parish Lenten reflection booklet since I used your Joy of Lent prose ...I will get you a copy when you return.
have a safe and blessed travel,
Marty