Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I received this email today after the history making election of Mr Obama:

I cried last night when Obama won. It's just incredible, and we couldn't be happier! This morning when I got Pierson out of bed, I told him the big Obama news. When I asked him, "guess who won the race and has become the next president of the US?" His first reply was, "Uncle Ben!" (maybe 'cuz he recently saw our friend run in the Chgo marathon...??) When I asked him again, he said, "mommy and daddy!" Finally, I slightly changed the question and asked, "Pierson, who did you want to be the next president?" He replied, "PIERSON!" (After last night, now any child can dream big and really believe it!) Then when he went downstairs and saw the Barack poster we have hanging, he enthusiastically waved and said, "hi Barack Obama!" So funny esp since he rarely says Obama's 1st name. While the US and the world certainly has its problems, it's just become a better place. Have an awesome day! : )
Love,
Gem & Ps
PS. Peter & friends volunteered in Indiana and went door to door for Obama. It's a double bonus that Barack won that state. A democrat hasn't won it since 1964!!

No comments: